Monday, February 1, 2010

Journal # 1

The worst boss I have ever had was when I worked at Jo-Ann Fabric. Everything was a matter of life and death with her. I have never been so stressed out at a minimum wage job. She would always tell us that we had to be patient with ourselves since she knew we wouldn't catch on right away, yet when we would ask her a question she would be like, "Didn't I already show you how to do this?!" even in front of the customers. It's almost like she went out of her way to make you feel dumb. When I told her I wanted to put my two weeks in she started laughing and I told her I was serious. I only lasted there a month because I couldn't stand her.

The best boss I have ever had would be when I worked at Wells Fargo Financial. He would go out of his way to make sure that you could get the time requested off, he would sit you down and have a talk with you if you were having a bad day, even though we had sales goals to meet he wouldn't yell at us that we need to hit him but be more realistic that maybe that day some of us were just having off days. Since it was a call center we worked in the turn around rate wasn't very high but after I had been there for about 9 months I decided I wanted to move to Reno for the summer. So I gave him my notice but instead he had a better idea. He put me on a leave of absence so I would still have my job when I got back. When I moved back, I worked there for another year until my department was eliminated. If it wasn't for that I would still be working for him! He still even texts my old team every so often to see how we are doing and what we are up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment